All new customers start with a $100 Max each pay period. Over time, based on a number of factors, a person's Max can adjust to range from $50 to $500. Your individual Max is tied to your overall financial health, which includes details like how often a positive bank balance is maintained and whether you spend less money than you make.
If you’re doing well in each of the categories below, just keep using the app. You’re likely to see a Max increase soon. Each pay period, your Cash Out Max is reevaluated, so you can see your good financial habits impact your Max over time. Your Max may increase or decrease based on the following:
- Keep your bank balance positive
- Sign up for Balance Shield to protect yourself from overdrafts
- Spend less money than you make
- Have enough money in your bank account to cover our scheduled debits
- Make sure Earnin is connected to your primary bank account where your employer sends your direct deposits
- Connect a BBVA account with Earnin. BBVA sends us transaction updates more quickly, and they offer Lightning Speed!
Please note that the amount you tip (or don't tip) doesn't directly affect your individual Cash Out Max. Instead, we look at your personal financial health and our community's tipping. If a community as a whole is tipping, we're able to offer higher Maxes to all. It's your money, you should have access to it when you need it.