Step-by-Step Account Setup
Follow the steps below to set up an account and start getting paid on your terms! Before signing up, make sure that:
- You are receiving direct deposits regularly into a checking account. The app won't work with Savings or Prepaid accounts.
- You use an electronic timesheet at work or have a fixed work location. Check out our timesheet requirements article for more info.
Step 1: Download and install the app
Android Play Store
Apple App Store
Step 2: Create your profile
Click on the "Get Started" button to create an account:
Enter your email address. Click "Next" once you have filled in all the information.
Enter the verification code sent to your email and click on “NEXT”. If you did not receive the email, check your spam folder or click on “resend the verification email”.
You will then be asked to enter your password. Type your desired password and make sure it meets the combination requirement. Click “Next”.
Step 3: Add your paycheck info
Fill in the required information, select how your work hours are tracked and then select your pay type.
- Hourly Employees: If you're paid hourly, we'll need to know how your hours are tracked. If you can view your timesheet online, select "Online". If you don't have access to your timesheet online, select Paper/Excel.
- For Ride/Task: If you select Ride/Task, you can select how you get paid and you can click on next.
- For Salary: If your pay type is salary, you'll be asked to enter your fixed work location. We currently do not support work from home employees.
Step 4: Connect to your bank
Click on get “GET STARTED”
To find your bank from our list of supported banks, click on the magnifying glass in the top right corner of the screen and type the name of your bank. If your bank doesn’t show up on the list, that means that we don't support it.
Once you’ve found your bank, select your bank and type the username and password you use to log into your bank's website.
Once your bank is successfully linked to Earnin, click “Continue”.
Step 5: Confirm your employer
On this screen, you will need to find and confirm your employer. If you’re having difficulties finding your employer, click on the magnifying glass located in the top right corner of the screen and enter your employer’s name. If it’s not on the list, you can add it as a new employer. (additional article for how to add a new employer - with screenshots)
Step 6: Confirm your work address.
Select “Always Allow” for “Allow “Earnin” to access your location?”. This step is necessary because this is how Earnin tracks your earnings so you can get paid for the money you earned that day.
Click on “SET LOCATION”.
After that, you’ll be redirected to the page where you can search and confirm your work location. By clicking on the magnifying glass, you can start adding your work address and confirm it or if you are at work, you can tap on “THIS IS MY WORK LOCATION”.