To provide step by step instructions on how to update device software for Android and iOS to ensure compatibility with the Earnin app
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- Depending on the OS, you'll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it. Your phone will reboot.
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because the software needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS or iPadOS will reinstall apps that it removed. If you tap Cancel, learn what to do next.
- To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your device into power before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
If you still encounter issues with the app after updating your device software, please message us back so that we can assist you further. Thanks!